Advanced Selling and Customer Relationship Building
This course is for anyone looking to improve their sales ability and build and enhance customer relationships. It will cover useful techniques and tips to improve your selling, up-selling and cross-selling.
Module 1 - Advanced Sales Skills
- Sales process – origination and purpose
- Communication style – foundations
- First personal contact – first impressions, building a relationship
- Types of question – open, closed, opinion, suggestive, hypothetical and control
- Needs analysis – buying process, qualification not interrogation
- Presentation and demonstration – the product, the service, the company
- Handling resistance – active listening, acceptance and conversion
- The sales steps – qualification, need creation, need satisfaction, trial close, close
- The sales planning process – creating your own sales presentations.
Module 2 – Customer Relationship Skills
- Customer cycle – Understand the opportunity, retention V’s acquisition
- Building customer loyalty – Turn existing customers into your sales force
- Understanding customers – Buying motives, likes and dislikes
- Customer management – Turn a sale into a relationship.
Module 3 – Up-Selling and Cross-Selling Skills
- The sales ‘presentation’ planning process – Gaining acceptance in small steps, effective trial close
- Breaking down the sales presentation – small sales presentations close big sales
- When to use, what to use and who with – identifying with your audience
- The 10 step sales presentation checklist – perfect preparation
- The 5 stage sales presentation process – perfect presentation
- Up-selling – identifying opportunity, building relationships, maximising profit
- Cross-selling – identifying opportunity, building relationships, maximising profit.
In attending this course delegates will be equipped with the required skills to make a professional sales presentation utilising the sales planning process. They will understand the importance of needs analysis as the basis of the buying process and combine this with the key unique selling points of themselves, their company and their products and services. The course will cover the foundations of great customer relationship management, customer satisfaction and retention and delegates will have explored the benefits of up-selling and cross-selling to current and prospective clients and demonstrated their understanding of this.
Channel Islands Training & Development (CITD) has been providing quality training in the Channel Islands and further afield for many years. The tutor Gordon Bush’s initial career was in retail management and training, subsequently he worked for many years in the automotive finance and insurance sectors culminating in the position of Sales Director for Aon Corporation in the UK. Gordon has provided sales and customer relationship building training across Europe and throughout the UK for major clients in the retail, automotive, insurance and financial services sectors. Gordon delivers Advanced Sales and Customer Relationship Building training for the financial services, insurance and retail sectors in the Channel Islands on behalf of CITD and his programmes always attract outstanding feedback.