Finance | AML / Compliance
AML and Combating the Financing of Terrorism in Guernsey
This course has been designed specifically for middle-level staff with some experience of the financial services industry, who have received AML (Anti Money Laundering) and CFT (Combating the Financing of Terrorism) training in the past.
Accredited for CPD purposes by ACCA, ICSA, CISI and The English Law Society.
It is often difficult for lawyers, accountants and estate agents to apply the AML and CFT regime in Guernsey to their specific businesses, as they are fairly new to the regime. It can also be an issue that certain areas of compliance with the regime are missed. This course focuses on prescribed businesses and non-regulated financial services businesses and practically showing how to apply the regime to your business, discussing and assisting in areas that may be difficult to implement.
The workshop will be interactive by way of exercises/case studies and will advise or remind delegates as to:
- An overview of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Guernsey’s AML and CFT
- Terrorist financing
- The act of money laundering and how an offence is constituted under the legislation
- Processes and procedures
- Suspicious transaction reports
- Client risk
- CDD procedures
- Compliance culture, the importance.
A full understanding of the AML and CFT in Guernsey and how it applies to your business.
Emma Mauger TEP,Dip( ITM),FICA, Int.dip (COMP), Int.dip (AML), Int.dip (FinCrime)
– Emma was born in London and educated at the Guernsey Grammar School. She has over 20 years industry experience and is one of only a handful of people worldwide to hold all three ICA Diplomas delivered via Manchester University: ICA International Diploma in Compliance, in Financial Crime Prevention and ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering. In addition Emma is a fully qualified STEP member and a member of the IoD.