Business Report Writing
This half day course will help you plan, structure and write effective reports for all kinds of business that will be read and acted upon to achieve the objectives you need.
This course is intended for anyone who has to write reports for business, whether they are short email briefings, 1-2 page rapid responses, long in-depth analyses or any other kind of document.
Why write a report?
- Different kinds of report
- Your readers and their needs
- The process of writing.
Planning and structure
- Parts of a report
- Structures for different needs.
Make it easy for them - writing style
- Paragraphs and sentences
- Plain language
- Clear, concise, credible.
Making it polished
- Some typical errors and problems
- Punctuation refresher
- Checking your work.
In attending this session, delegates will:
- Increase their awareness of the key principles of structuring effective reports
- Improve the effectiveness and persuasiveness of their report writing
- Refresh their understanding of typical writing problems and their solutions
- Develop the skills to create reports that achieve their business objectives.
Graham Smith is a publisher, editor and trainer with over 20 years’ experience of books, Internet, CD-ROM and corporate publishing.
After training as an engineer he moved into publishing, initially as an editor for a communications agency producing corporate literature for aerospace and engineering companies.
He runs his own company providing short, effective courses in essential publishing and writing skills to publishers, government organisations, charities, corporates and others.
He is also an accredited trainer to the European Commission and European Parliament.