CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in HR Management
The CIPD’s Intermediate level qualifications are ideal for those aspiring to become effective HR practitioners – whether working as HRM Advisers or developing their careers. Set at a Level 5 (equivalent to second year of an Honours Bachelors/Undergraduate degree), the CIPD Intermediate qualifications provide you with a professionally recognised qualification and the underpinning knowledge towards CIPD Associate membership.
This CIPD Level 5 Diploma offers the perfect platform to further develop your HR knowledge and behaviours, especially in the area of human resource development. The programme is run over 8 months, and will enable you to determine how the skills, knowledge and behaviours can be developed and utilised to meet the strategic needs of your business.
Study Skills / Induction & Resource & Planning:
- Key contemporary labour market trends, core talent planning activities, the development of resourcing strategies, manage recruitment and selection activities, manage dismissal, redundancy and retirement, maximise employee retention.
Business Issues & the Contexts of HR:
- Key factors affecting the HRM function in all organisations and the role of HR in the managing these; how organisational and HR strategies and practices are shaped and developed.
Managing and Co-ordinating the HR Function:
- Understand the evolving objectives of HR departments and the means of delivery to add value to organisations.
- Use of published research and HR’s ethical role in effective change management.
- Understand the purpose and practice of employment law in relation to recruitment and selection, managing changes, pay and working time and managing performance.
- Developing Professional Practice & Using Information in HR; understand what is required to be a self managing HRM professional; to perform as a collaborative member of a group and teams and as an added-value contributor to the organisation; techniques to construct, implement and review a personal development plan; how to identify and scrutinise meaningful conclusion, and deliver business-focused reports on an HRM issue.
- Employee Engagement; understand the components and processes through which higher levels of engagement can be secured and sustained within an organisation.
- Coaching & Mentoring; understand the nature, purpose and benefits of coaching and mentoring in organisation; understand the different ways coaching and mentoring can be implemented in organisations.
These courses are suitable for those who are:
- Seeking to develop a career in HR management and development as a graduate or who have gained significant experience
- Working in the field of HR management and development and need to extend their knowledge and skills
- Needing to understand the role of HR in the wider organisational and environmental context.
Acacia Learning are a prestigious training company who work with small/medium enterprises to multi-national companies, across the private, public and third sectors. Acacia Learning work with numerous clients across industry from the Bank of England to the Hard Rock Café and local government.