Leadership & Management
CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management
This Certificate from the Chartered Management Institute is designed for supervisors and first line managers to support the development of their skills in maintaining and developing the effectiveness and efficiency of the operations for which they are responsible.
There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers, and have a background that will enable them to benefit from the programme. Participants will be required to submit their cv prior to acceptance onto the course.
This course will take place on the following dates:
11 May (half day)
16 May (half day)
6 June (half day)
13 June (half day)
20 June (half day)
4 July (half day)
The course consists of three modules as follows:
Personal Development as a First Line Manager
- Understand how to develop and use a personal development plan
- Know how to plan and manage work
- Understand how to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve objectives
- Be able to safeguard the welfare of the team in the working environment.
- Understand how to plan resource needs with the team
- Understand the need for change to resource requirements
- Be able to monitor, record and control resources within the work area
Identifying Development Opportunities
- Understand the factors involved in leading a team to achieve agreed objectives
- Understand the current competencies of individuals and teams
- Know how to develop the competencies of individuals and teams
To access the complete syllabus please follow the link here.
This qualification is ideal for those taking their first steps on the managerial ladder, helping managers create and implement their own professional development plan and building team-leading skills such as allocating work and setting individuals objectives. By undertaking this qualification you will also be developing your communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
Alison McDonald has over 18 years management experience in the dynamic world of food retail, which included the role of training coordinator for 6 new stores in Scotland. She has over 3 years local experience as a Learning Consultant successfully delivering bespoke courses to a wide range of organisations including finance, legal, retail, manufacturing and the public sector. Her management experience coupled with her love of training brings a ‘hands-on’, relevant approach to training. She fully appreciates the realities of managing teams and believes effective people development is the key to success.