CMI Level 5 ‘Top Up’ from Certificate to Diploma
This highly practical programme of study allows existing CMI Level 5 Certificate holders to ’top up’ their qualification to the higher Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership.
This concise study route gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills, whilst focusing on specific areas of leadership appropriate to you and your organisation. It will be delivered on-island by CMI approved tutors from 14 September 2017 and includes a personalised one-to-one tutorial session.
All of the modules will be taught using CMI workbooks which will be provided as part of the programme. Assessment will be through the varied platforms of written assignments, presentations and case studies.
Practices of Resource Management
This module looks at identifying, planning, using and evaluating resources to meet objectives. The key areas are:
- Identify and plan resources needed to meet objectives
- Select and use the resource supply chain to meet planned objectives
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external resource use to meet plans.
Organisational Financial Management
This module looks financial management systems and controls and the impact of external factors on organisational financial management. The key areas are:
- Understand how to control a financial system
- Identify and use a range of financial controls
- Understand the sources and availability of finance to an organisation.
This module covers the links between management and leadership, key leadership principles and leadership theory. The key areas are:
- Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
- Understand leadership principles that support organisational values
- Understand and apply leadership styles to achieve organisational objectives.
Meeting Stakeholders and Quality
This module looks at meeting stakeholder requirements to agreed quality standards and seeking improvements. The key areas are:
- Understand how to identify stakeholders and their requirements
- Understand how to apply and improve quality standards
- Conducting a quality audit
- Understand how to promote continuous improvement and change.
Students benefit from comprehensive lecture materials, tutor support for each module and a one-to-one development tutorial.
The Level 5 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed for managers who want to develop core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment, and information management. These qualifications focus on the development of management capabilities and competencies.
Following completion of the Certificate you will be able to demonstrate that you have the most proficient, current management techniques and practices. Students will also be eligible for membership of the CMI and gain access to CMI resources. This programme will not only improve performance but could also offer enhanced career prospects. It is also a springboard towards further management development and a route to more advanced qualifications such as the MBA.
Alison McDonald has over 18 years management experience in the dynamic world of food retail, which included the role of training coordinator for 6 new stores in Scotland. She has over 3 years local experience as a Learning Consultant successfully delivering bespoke courses to a wide range of organisations including finance, legal, retail, manufacturing and the public sector. Her management experience coupled with her love of training brings a ‘hands-on’, relevant approach to training. She fully appreciates the realities of managing teams and believes effective people development is the key to success.