Developing Confident Communications and Personal Impact Skills
Communicating effectively and presenting a positive image are essential in building good working relationships with clients, customers, colleagues and staff. We are constantly faced with situations at work where it is important to get our message across with confidence, whether one-to-one or with a wider audience – something that is not so easy when faced with conversations or situations we perceive as difficult and where our confidence may wane.
Working with core assertive skills and personal presentation techniques, this personal effectiveness course will help you to develop your communications skills and present yourself with greater ease.
This is a highly interactive course using a blend of theory, discussion, exercises and practice sessions in small groups where you will be expected to work on situations that are meaningful to you. The course is designed as two modules with a break of serveral months inbetween, providing you with the opportunity to practice skills learned in Module 1. Module 2 will allow you to review progress, consolidate your learning and build on your success with further skills and techniques.
Module 1 over 2 days (12th and 13th October 2016) covers:
- Identifying participants' expectations
- Defining confidence and self-esteem: two essential building blocks
- Misconceptions about assertiveness - what is assertive behaviour all about?
- Understanding how the non-assertive behaviours impact on your working relationships
- Confident body language, appearance and voice
- Key assertive skills and how to use them
- Developing personal power (1)
- Making requests of others and saying 'no' to unreasonable requests
- Managing criticism and praise; giving and receiving it
- Personal planning.
Module 2 over 1 day (16/03/2017) covers:
- Review of personal progress
- The key skills - a refresher
- Creating a positive first impression
- Maintaining a positive image at work - the 'drivers' questionnaire
- Key influencing skills
- Developing personal power (2)
- Personal planning.
Working with core assertive skills and personal presentation techniques, this three day course will help you to develop your communication skills and present yourself with greater ease.
Elaine Smith runs her own successful UK based company and has worked as a learning and development consultant and executive coach since 1993. She specialises in leadership, management and personal development programmes, team development and executive coaching. Elaine has developed a suite of courses aimed at helping teams and individuals to develop their personal effectiveness and communicate with greater confidence.