Developing Your Personal Effectiveness
This course is for any employee who feels they have not reached their full potential and who is interested in managing their continuing personal and professional development in a structured way.
Developing Your Assertiveness and Self-Confidence
- Defining and understanding assertive behaviour and its value
- Putting assertiveness into practice
- Saying ''no'' confidently without guilt
- Developing your level of confidence.
Working to Goals and Objectives
- Identifying your organisation's values and objectives
- Supporting your manager's/team's objectives
- Working to your own goals and objectives.
- Verbal communication, personal image and body language
- How to communicate not just inform
- Effective questioning and listening.
- Influencing others to achieve prompt response and deadlines
- Voicing your views, ideas and requests in a persuasive manner
- Gaining cooperation from others and minimising conflict.
Identifying Areas for Personal Improvement
- Personal SWOT - identifying personal strengths and development areas
- Building on your strengths and exploring personal potential
- Recognising the signs of stress
- Understanding and developing methods to cope with stress.
- Develop a personal action plan that identifies personal and business goals.
- Understand self-confidence, where it comes from and how to value it
- Realise the advantages of working to achievable goals
- Understand how to develop their own positive communicating style
- Understand how to deal with stress
- Identify areas of their effectiveness that they can develop
- Have made a structured personal development action plan to enhance their professional development and personal effectiveness.
Channel Islands Training & Development (CITD) has been providing quality training in the Channel Islands and further afield for many years. The tutor Sally Gallichan is a Fellow of CMI and a qualified FE/HE Lecturer. She has a particular interest in supporting learners to achieve their full potential including those with specific needs (Dyslexia, ASD, Dyscalculia, mental health issues and cognitive disorders). Her teaching portfolio includes delivery of Functional Skills, GCSEs, CIPD, CMI and Foundation Degree programmes in Jersey. As a qualified Assessor and IV Sally is very familiar with managing quality.
Outside of her academic delivery Sally delivers commercial training (management, personal development) in Jersey, Guernsey, IOM and England on behalf of CITD. She also provides HR Consultancy services locally. This work includes: 1:1 coaching, TNA projects, review/design of employment terms and handbooks, employee surveys and the design of competency frameworks. She has also been involved in government initiatives to support the long term unemployed back into work, a graduate internship programme targeting non-traditional career routes, a skills development grant initiative and apprenticeship training programmes.