Effective and Assertive Communication
Effective communication is key to co-operation and success within any organisation and beyond because it leads to better performance and results.
Assertive behaviour is learned and so we need to recognise our natural instincts to adopt passive or aggressive states, how this impacts on transactions with others and how we can overcome these by practicing assertive techniques.
This one day workshop will explore different communication and behaviour types and equip attendees with the assertive skills that will enable them to effectively convey understanding.
- Different styles of behaviour and their impact on others
- Identifying and giving feedback on behavioural styles
- Identifying your own dominant behavioural style
- Assertive strategies for dealing with difficult situations
- Core responsive skills: questioning, listening and developing rapport
- Non-verbal communication
- Anticipate and avoid common misunderstandings
- Practice assertive communication
- Action planning
- Review and personal development planning.
Korinne Le Page has over 25 years experience in training, management development, coaching and counselling. Her background is in training management and teams both nationally and internationally, initially with British Airways and latterly in a variety of market sectors.
Korinne has also worked as an operational manager in customer service, managing teams in challenging environments, and also ran her own business for several years. She has a comprehensive understanding of business requirements, appreciating in particular the importance of providing seamless customer service.
Richard Taylor, EI Sturdza
"A lot was learned on the course and I considered it interesting and insightful, with a good mix between teaching, counselling and role play, serving to keep the content interesting. "