An Introduction to Investors in People
Best practice standards like Investors in People are a powerful tool for business improvement. Providing an opportunity for sharp focus, structure and analysis, they can be used as a simple roadmap for improved performance and management excellence.
Join us for lunch and hear about how working towards continuous improvement within your organisation can help you achieve your business objectives.
This seminar will help you understand how and why Investors in People can help your business.
Research states that Investors in People accredited organisations are more profitable, sustainable and optimistic about the future. Understanding performance drives success; making the right investments in your people is the smart choice.
Who should attend:
• Leaders of any type of organisation seeking a benchmark for their people management practices
• Leaders wanting to align business, team and individual objectives
• HR practitioners seeking guidance and support on strategies that deliver greater engagement
• People seeking to understand the impact of people management standards and Investors in People
- Achieving Investors in People accreditation is an outstanding achievement; it requires genuine commitment from leaders, passionate employees and everyone to be focused on the ambitions of the organisation
- To employees, accreditation signals a high performing culture and a commitment to their development and success
- To customers it signals a quality for the products and services that they buy
- Gain an overview of the IIP Standard
- Familiarise yourself with the IIP assessment process
- Discuss your current challenges and business priorities with IIP
- Access Investors in People support tools
- Network with like-minded organisations
Janine Lane has worked in Learning and Development for over 15 years and is a keen advocate for continued learning and working with best practice utilising the Investors in People framework.
Having worked with Investors for over nine years, Janine has supported Guernsey Post in achieving Silver prior to achieving Gold and more recently has worked with the NP Group to achieve two Gold, three Silver and two Standard accreditations. Her strength is helping businesses develop a structure and culture of continued development. She is extremely committed to helping individuals/businesses with their continuous professional development and employee engagement and has joined GTA University Centre on a consultative basis to support businesses with IIP.
In her time working with Investors, she has worked with closely with stakeholders and assessors and developed her experience in this area.
As a Fellow of CIPD, Janine continues to focus on supporting all around her on “Championing better work and working lives”