First Time Manager
This highly interactive course includes lively group discussions and presentations and offers an overview of the new skills and techniques you will need to master in order to succeed as a new manager.
You will explore a range of well-known management theories and make use of self-awareness questionnaires where possible. Using real world scenarios, this course covers the skills required to make the adjustment from working alongside your colleagues to managing and motivating them to work for and with you.
- Creating and developing a high performing team
- Everyone in a team has something to offer
- Balancing the needs of the task, team and individual.
- Understand what people need from you in order for them to perform
- Giving constructive feedback
- Managing variations in performance,
Putting it all together:
- What people want from their leader
- Adopting more of a coaching approach.
Develop ideas and confidence when starting in a new role.
Kay Stephan, FCIPD, is the Managing Director of Mirador, a learning and development consultancy. She has over 20 years' experience working in partnership with a variety of private and public sector organisations, including the Guernsey Training Agency. Interventions range from designing and delivering bespoke management development events, coaching, designing and delivering assessment centres, to the design and delivery of personal effectiveness workshops. Kay has specific expertise developing webinars and implementing Social Learning Systems. Her approach is warm, pragmatic and perceptive.
Gowain McCarthy, CESG Ltd
"Very useful, highly recommended to any person moving into or recently moved into managerial position. "