Fund Administration – Refresher for the Advanced
The course is aimed at those of you who have worked in fund administration for 5+ years. It will provide you an opportunity to refresh knowledge, discuss more complex structures and increase knowledge in other sectors you may not have direct exposure to. The course will be workshop based to enable delegates to share their experiences, engage with others in case studies and ask relevant questions.
This fund administration course will provide you with more confidence when operating in the fund administration sector. It will improve your knowledge of fund structure, refresh you on regulation and cover some of the more complex elements of fund administration, this will enable you to offer more experience and knowledge when dealing with clients.
Section 1: Fund Structures
This section will run through all of the fund structures commonly used in Guernsey and examine the following areas:
- Initial basics of how they work/ mechanics
- When each structure is used
- The key taxation issues with each structure
- What assets are each structure suited for
- How they can be combined with other structures
- Which investors are they suitable for
- What are the pitfalls, and what to watch out for
Structures include: Investment Companies, Multiclass/ Master Feeder, Unit Trusts, PCCs, ICCs & Limited Partnerships
Section 2: Regulation
This section will run through the current key operational legislation in Guernsey for fund administration
- Guernsey POI law (Authorised and Registered funds)
- AIFMD workshop
Section 3: Advanced Topics
This section will cover some of the more complex areas of fund administration. A series of case studies will also be used to make this section more interactive, and delegates will be split into small groups:
- Performance fees and equalisation
- Transfer pricing structures
- NAV review, pricing errors and rectifying errors
- Improve/ reaffirm knowledge of fund administration
- Ability to engage with tutor and delegates
- Improve knowledge of the industry
- Refresh fund regulation
- Improve AIFMD knowledge
- Improve confidence when engaging with clients
- Become better at problem solving fund administration issues
Will Morgan is an award winning tutor who has been running courses in Guernsey, Jersey, Dublin and the UK for the past 10 years. Will previously worked for BPP Professional Education and has been training independently for the past 8 years.
Will is now the Managing Director of Offshore, a specialist accounting outsource provider, based in Guernsey employing 15 professionals working for a variety of clients in the trust, fund, commercial and public sector.
Will’s training has been adapted over the years based on the work he has undertaken in the Channel Islands, understanding the practical skills that professionals need, rather than theoretical concepts.
His classes are highly interactive; sometimes amusing and always engaging.