Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) Workshop
An interactive session covering MLRO responsibilities and duties which is suitable for newly appointed MLROs and deputies plus those already working in compliance and looking to refresh or extend their knowledge.
During this session you will look at the AML/CFT framework here in Guernsey and the reasons why as an MLRO/NO you are required to undertake this extra and in-depth training in relation to your role.
- AML/CFT framework in Guernsey
- Role of the MLRO/NO
- The offence of money laundering
- Recent typologies in Guernsey
- STRs and relevant procedures
- Handling production, restraint and freezing orders
- Responding to court orders
- Liaising with law enforcement
- Terrorist financing
- Proliferation financing
- Controlling the risk of tipping off
- The Shah case
- Recent developments
You will become a more effective MLRO and ensure that you have a full understanding of the role, your responsibilities and liabilities. You will be practically shown how to survive in the role of the MLRO!
Emma Mauger TEP,Dip( ITM),FICA, Int.dip (COMP), Int.dip (AML), Int.dip (FinCrime)
– Emma was born in London and educated at the Guernsey Grammar School. She has over 20 years industry experience and is one of only a handful of people worldwide to hold all three ICA Diplomas delivered via Manchester University: ICA International Diploma in Compliance, in Financial Crime Prevention and ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering. In addition Emma is a fully qualified STEP member and a member of the IoD.