The Role of the Company Secretary
This course is aimed at those who are looking to understand the role of the company secretary, how the role contributes to the effective running of a company and how to effectively undertake key duties.
This course will begin by focusing on the relationship of the Company Secretary with the board. It will develop your understanding of:
- Company meetings and how to administer them
- Record keeping and audit trail requirements
- Statutory requirements
- Corporate governance and corporate compliance
This course will also cover the following Administration functions:
- Company formation
- Company administration
- Maintaining the registers
- Dealing with the registry
- Annual submissions
- Annual accounts
- Keeping up to date
- Different jurisdictional requirements.
Having attended the course, delegates will:
- Understand the role of the company secretary and how it fits with the board.
- Have an understanding of the importance of corporate governance and corporate compliance.
- Be able to meet the administrative requirements of a Company.
Angus Kemp, is a qualified Chartered Accountant Angus has been involved in tutoring students in the islands for over 15 years. In 1995 he established Offshore Training Consortium in Guernsey which was subsequently acquired by BPP plc, the UK’s largest provider of professional education training. Angus’s extensive academic credentials include MA in economics and Politics, Postgraduate Certificate in Accountancy, and a Masters degree in Education.