This course provides delegates with the capacity to maintain wellbeing and work performance under pressure and be able to bounce back from setbacks effectively.
In a world of increasing demands and diminishing resources, we are working longer hours, spending more time outside work connected to technology and taking less time to reflect, renew and prioritise. Recent research shows that:
- 64% of the population sleep less than 7-8 hours a night;
- 73% find it difficult to focus on one thing at a time;
- 64% say their decisions at work are influenced by external demands rather than a clear and strong sense of purpose;
- 64% say that they feel irritable, impatient or anxious at work;
- 61% spend too little time doing what they do best & enjoy the most;
- 80% say they spend too much time reacting to immediate demands rather than being strategic and focusing on the longer term.
On the hamster wheel of delivering results, we rarely stop to consider what we want; where we should be; or how we should be investing our energy. Very often our working practices ignore our basic needs & serve to drain our energy.
There are four key ways to manage stress and energy so we are more resilient:
- sustaining our physical body;
- securing our emotions;
- building mental toughness;
- living a life of significance.
- Understanding resilience, pressure & stress
- The secret to recharging your energy and resilience
- The 4 Pillars of Resilience
- Energy radiators and drains
- Emotional intelligence
- Mental toughness
- Identifying a purpose in life
- Personal action planning
This course will help delegates to:
- boost productivity and engagement at work;
- enhance morale;
- increase their ability to positively influence pressure situations;
- manage stress levels;
- deepen their understanding of how to manage energy;
- develop positive rituals that enhance happiness and performance at work and home.
Shona McFarlane is an experienced, professionally trained and qualified facilitator and wellbeing & happiness coach. Shona has over 17 years’ sales and management experience, latterly within Unilever. Shona has extensive local knowledge having spent several periods of time in Guernsey over the past 40 years. She co-ordinated the ‘World’s Boldest Ever Happiness Experiment’ in Guernsey in 2016. Shona is passionate about personal development and helping people thrive. Shona brings a fun and inclusive real world style to the training room.